Introduction to Bandhan Bank
Bandhan Bank, a distinguished financial institution committed to providing comprehensive banking solutions to individuals and businesses across India. With a heritage deeply rooted in the community-focused approach, Bandhan Bank has emerged as a trusted partner in the financial sector.
Bandhan Bank, headquartered in Kolkata, India, was founded in the year 2001 as a not-for-profit enterprise known as Bandhan, with the vision of poverty alleviation through sustainable and ethical means. The institution started its journey as a microfinance organization, providing small loans to economically disadvantaged individuals and empowering them to improve their livelihoods.
In 2014, Bandhan received its banking license from the Reserve Bank of India, leading to the formation of Bandhan Bank. This transformation allowed the institution to expand its offerings beyond microfinance and serve a broader customer base. Over the years, Bandhan Bank has grown into a prominent player in the Indian banking sector, with a strong commitment to financial inclusion.
Vision and Mission
Bandhan Bank’s vision and mission underscore its dedication to making financial services accessible to all, particularly those who have been traditionally underserved by the formal banking sector.
Vision: Bandhan Bank aspires to world-class financial institution for sustainable and inclusive development.
Mission: To provide convenient, efficient, and dependable banking and financial services to underbanked and underprivileged segments of society, in consonance with the Prime Minister’s vision of financial inclusion.”
- 2001: Bandhan began its operations as a non-profit microfinance organization, focusing on providing affordable and accessible financial services to the unbanked and underbanked population, particularly in rural and semi-urban areas.
- 2010: Bandhan received a universal banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), marking a significant step in its evolution from a microfinance institution to a full-fledged bank.
- 2015: On August 23, 2015, Bandhan Bank officially commenced operations, becoming the first microfinance institution in India to convert into a universal bank. With a network of over 2,500 branches, Bandhan Bank embarked on its mission to provide comprehensive banking solutions to a wider range of customers.
- 2016: Bandhan Bank’s mobile banking application, BandhanOne, was launched, marking a pivotal shift towards digital banking. This app empowered customers to manage their finances, conduct transactions, and access banking services conveniently from anywhere, anytime.
- 2017: Bandhan Bank crossed the ₹1 lakh crore mark in gross customer deposits, demonstrating the trust and confidence it had garnered among its clients. This milestone highlighted the bank’s significant contribution to financial inclusion in India.
- 2018: Bandhan Bank launched its first corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative, “Bandhan Foundation,” to address the social and economic needs of underserved communities. The foundation focuses on education, healthcare, and women’s empowerment initiatives.
- 2020: Bandhan Bank’s digital banking platform, BandhanOne, surpassed 10 million registered users, reflecting the growing adoption of digital banking services among its customers.
- 2021: Bandhan Bank expanded its presence to international markets, establishing a representative office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, to cater to the growing Indian diaspora in the region.
- 2022: Bandhan Bank launched its green initiative, “Bandhan Green,” to promote sustainable practices and reduce its environmental impact. The bank committed to implementing eco-friendly measures across its operations.
Products and Services
- Savings and Current Accounts
Bandhan Bank provides a range of savings and current account options, each designed to meet the specific requirements of individuals and businesses.
- Fixed and Recurring Deposits
The bank offers fixed and recurring deposit products with competitive interest rates, allowing customers to save and grow their wealth.
- Personal Loans
Bandhan Bank’s personal loans are tailored to meet various financial needs, from education and medical expenses to travel and more.
- Home Loans
Customers can avail of home loans to fulfill their dream of homeownership, with flexible repayment options.
- Business Loans
Bandhan Bank supports businesses with working capital loans and term loans, promoting entrepreneurship and economic growth.
The institution continues to provide microloans, staying true to its roots and commitment to financial inclusion.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Activities
Bandhan Bank is deeply committed to corporate social responsibility, focusing on initiatives related to education, healthcare, livelihood generation, and community development:
Educational Programme: Bandhan Educational Centres have been started by the bank to ensure educational continuity for the underprivileged children. Education centres have been set up In rural areas. This programme has touched more than 1400+ villages and more than 1 Lakh students have benefitted out of it. The bank supports educational programs, scholarships, and infrastructure development, aiming to provide quality education to underserved communities.
Healthcare Initiatives: Bandhan Bank contributes to healthcare projects, particularly in remote and disadvantaged areas, with the goal of reducing the medical expenditure of the underprivileged families. Setting up of water treatment plans, distribution of health kits, providing basic health service through polyclinics are some of the activities carried out.
Employing the unemployed: Bandhan Skill Development Centres (BSDC) are set up which provide training to unemployed youth. They can choose from an array of domains such as sales, hospitality, ITES-BPO, Airconditioner repairing etc.
Financial Literacy: The objective is to deepen financial inclusion through financial literacy. This programme’s objective is to increase awareness on financial planning and empowering them to plan their personal economies.
Sustainable Livelihoods Programme: A programme piloted for incubating young and talented entrepreneurs from economically weaker sections. Bandhan bank has 54 businesses incubated around 41 districts.
Community Development: Bandhan Bank engages in various community development projects, addressing local needs and creating a positive impact on communities.
Bandhan Bank is a rapidly growing bank with diverse customer base, delivering top-notch financial solutions and contributing to India’s socio-economic development. It caters to the unique needs of individuals and businesses while upholding the highest standards of integrity and ethical practices in the country
Toll-Free: 1800 258 8181
Mail Id: email@example.com
(Note: The content provided is a creative representation and may not include all the specific details of Bandhan Bank’s current status. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please refer to the official Bandhan Bank website.)