Travel Insurance Policy
Secure your travel with Travel Insurance which helps you take care of medical emergencies, unforeseen expenses and other risks that you may encounter during travel.
Travel Insurance is an important piece of document that you should own when you travel for business or leisure, within the country or abroad, as it provides financial backup in case of an adverse situation. The risks covered include personal accident, trip cancellation, loss of passport, loss of baggage or personal belongings and hospitalization.
Need for travel insurance
Travel insurance ensures you return home from a holiday or business trip with good memories and pleasant experiences.
Types of Travel Insurance
Travel insurance policies can be issued based on the nature of your trip. Some of them are,
On geographic location basis
On validity basis
On type of traveller basis
Benefits and features of travel insurance
Every travel insurance plan has specified benefits useful to the traveller. Here are the common features and benefits of most travel insurance policies,
- Travel insurance provides cover for hospitalization in emergencies while travelling. Cashless claim settlement is available, which makes it very convenient while travelling abroad, making it as useful as a health insurance.
- If you are a frequent traveller, buying multi-trip travel insurance is more beneficial than buying insurance before every trip.
- Baggage loss is a common issue faced during travel. Having proper travel insurance will help you recoup financially.
- Insurance firms compensate for unexpected events such as missing connecting flights or flight cancellation due to bad weather and reasons beyond your control.
- A trip cancellation cover can protect you from financial losses if your journey is cancelled due to loss of job, accidental death of a family member or terrorist attack at the destination.
- If the insured passes away or suffers a disablement, then the policy will pay compensation.
There are certain contingencies when travel insurance will not pay a claim. For example,
- Claims that involve drug abuse and alcohol
- Medical emergency expenses because of sexually transmitted diseases like STD, AIDS, or Herpes
- Alternative medical treatment including Homeopathy and Ayurveda
- Claims due to war and nuclear activity
- Claims relating to adventure sports
- Claims resulting in cosmetic surgeries
- Claim because of suicide or self-injury
- Claims for pre-existing disease
- When the insured person travels against medical advice
There are several reasons why you should apply
How to buy travel insurance?
- Login to “Fincover”
- Click the Travel insurance option in the Insurance tab
- The display shows a wide range of insurance policies available
- Choose your suited insurance policy in terms of premium and assured sum
- Pick your preferred payment method and make the payment